Who doesn’t love donuts? Traditional donuts are deep fried and glazed or filled with flavors. I will definitely share that recipe very soon, I promise. Today I got you baked vanilla donuts. They are a little bit cakey but definitely an alternative to traditional donuts if you are watching what you eat. So let’s make these yummy donuts.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a donut pan with non-stick spray.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and granulated sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the milk, yogurt, and egg together until smooth.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla, whisking until fully combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Do not overmix. The batter will be very thick.
- Spoon the batter into the donut cups—I highly recommend using a large zipped-top bag for ease. Cut a corner off the bottom of the bag and pipe the batter into each donut cup, filling 3 ∕ 4 of the way full.
- Bake for 9–10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Allow the donuts to slightly cool before glazing.
- For the glaze, combine the glaze ingredients in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Whisk until the glaze is smooth.
- Remove from heat and immediately begin dunking the donuts, one by one, into the glaze.
- Transfer each donut to a wire rack over a baking sheet to catch the glaze drippings.
- Sprinkle with additional sprinkles.
As usual, don’t forget to leave me feedback once you try it. Always remember everything is good in moderation.
Don’t forget to check out other American breakfasts from the archives.
Lots of love to you and your family. I will be back again with a new post next time.