Chocolate and pizza together make one perfect dessert. Top with one scoop of ice cream and you will be in heaven. Let’s not waste time and let’s get to the recipe.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (aka cornflour)
Let’s see how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Lightly grease your pizza pan.
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugars together on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat on high until combined, about 1 minute. Add the vanilla extract, then mix on high until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined.
- With the mixer running on low speed, add the chocolate chips. Dough will be thick and soft.
- Transfer the cookie dough to the pizza pan and flatten out with your fingers or a rubber spatula until the edges reach the sides (or just about to the sides).
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned on top.
- If you want the cookie pizza a little crispier on the edges, bake for a couple extra minutes.
- Allow the cookie pizza to cool on the pan set on a wire rack before slicing.
- Cover leftovers and store at room temperature for 2-3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I wish I could take a slice of pizza and eat.
As usual, don’t forget to leave me feedback once you try it. Always remember everything is good in moderation.
Don’t forget to check out other American Desserts from the archives.
Lots of love to you and your family. I will be back again with a new post next time.