Who doesn’t love waffles for breakfast? Kids will jump with joy if they know they are having waffles for breakfast… I personally don’t think frozen waffles are good for you as they are packed with preservative to make them last longer. Why not make them in the home. Believe me it doesn’t take long time to make it. You just need to invest in a waffle maker. Mine is a walmart brand I bought for $10 and it works pretty good. It is not fancy looking but it does the job. It’s working from past 7 years. This recipe is fool proof. You can blindly follow instructions and make it. Believe me your family will enjoy it and crave for more… This recipe is from Mondo’s Blog and it came out really good…You can go to the source if you want to…I am writing the recipe here too…
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 2 cup whole milk or buttermilk (I used buttermilk)
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 2 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Butter and honey, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- Add the milk, vegetable oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and mix well. Let the batter sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat a waffle iron about 10 minutes before the batter is ready.
- Do not oil the waffle iron. There’s enough oil in the batter.
- Follow the directions on your waffle iron to cook the waffles. (each waffle consisted of 1 cup of batter)
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200 degree oven. Place waffles directly on rack.
- Drizzle some honey on the waffle and enjoy it warm. You will never go back to frozen waffles like us..
Exercise can have a huge impact in your life… It can change your whole life. Eat in moderation and exercise 30 minutes a day is all you need for a balanced life. Here are the exercises I am going to do for next 2 weeks. Hope it inspires you to create your own or follow this…
1. 1 minute plank do it five times:
The plank is a great exercise for building abdominal and core strength. The plank may look simple, but there’s a lot going on with this exercise under the surface. When done correctly the standard plank can be extremely challenging. I could hardly hold it for 30 seconds.
How to Do a Plank:
- Get face down on the floor resting on your forearms and knees.
- Push off the floor, raising up off your knees onto your toes and resting on your forearms.
- Keep your back flat — don’t round your back or let your stomach sink down.
- Try to hold it for 1 minute.
2. 30 Triceps Dips:
How to do a tricep dip:
- Hoist yourself up onto a bench, chair or step as long as it is stable and secure to take your body weight.
- Your hands should be shoulder width apart, with your fingers facing forward and elbows pointing backwards with a slight bend in the elbows.
- Ensure that your back is straight and close to the edge of the chair or bench.
- Your legs should be extended out in front of you, with a slight bend in the knee.
- Engage your core muscles and slowly lower your body down until your shoulder joints are below your elbows.
- Push back up until your elbows are nearly straight but do not lock them out.
- Repeat 30 times.
3. 20 deadlift and upright row:
With your knees soft and your feet together, bend forward at your hips keeping a neutral lower back & lower your weights toward the floor along the front of your legs until you feel a stretch in the back of your legs. Stand back up tall as you press your hips forward to stand straight. Pull the weights up in front of you by pulling your elbows up and out to shoulder height. Bend back down and repeat.. I didn’t use any weight. I just folded my fist up and pretended there was weight in it.
4. 15 Squat and Jump:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Start by doing a regular squat, then engage your core and jump up explosively.
- When you land, lower your body back into the squat position to complete one rep. Land as quietly as possible, which requires control.
- Repeat 15 times.
5. 20 leg and arm kicks:
Picture explains clearly how to do it.
6. 35 cobra poses:
Lay on your stomach, place your palms flat on the floor on either side, raise the upper part of your body, while keeping your legs and feet firmly on the ground. This pose strengthens the spine, combats arthritis and sciatica, and massages the abdominal organs, benefiting the liver and spleen.
All pictures are courtesy of Google images.
These exercises took me 20 minutes to complete one set. Remaining 10 minutes I did a brisk walk. These exercises made my body pain like hell but it was worth it because my body is changing…
What are you doing this week? Please share your routine so that I can tweak it into mine…
Exercise plays an important part in our life. “Aging is a disease which gymming can cure” Inspired by this great quotation, decided to incorporate exercise into my life. You just need 30 minutes to get this done. Eat sensibly, be active and get 30 minutes of exercise is all you need to do for your body to glow from within.This is what I am planning to do this week. Do whole set 2 times and your 30 minutes is done. You don’t have to follow this, you can create your exercises… This is just an example of what I am doing this week. I hope this inspires you.
1. Be on all fours and life your thighs and knees. Alternate between left and right side. Repeat 25 times. Do not do it fast and hurt yourself and take your time. This work your inner thigh muscles.
2. Sit on the floor with feet on the ground and touch both sides. Repeat 30 times. Do not do it fast and hurt yourself. This works on your stomach muscles.
3. Lie on your back and do bridging exercise. Repeat 20 times. Take your time and do it carefully. This work your thigh muscles and stomach muscles.
4. March and touch your hands. Repeat 10 times. Please take your time and do not hurt yourself. This works your knee muscles.
5. Downward Dog exercise. Repeat 20 times. Take your time and do it carefully. This energizes and rejuvenates your whole body.
6. Lie on your back and do scissors with your legs exercise. Repeat 15 times. Do not hurt yourself and take your time. This work on your thigh muscles.
7. Stomach Boats exercise. Repeat 25 times. Do it very carefully. This works on your stomach muscles and increases your spinal flexibility.
8. Surya Namaskar. Repeat 3 times Take your time and do not hurt yourself. This works on your whole body.
All the pictures are taken from google images.
Hope it will inspire you to work out for 30 minutes.