I am here again with another perfectly crunchy snack. My family just loved it’s taste. I made it during Christmas.
Here goes the recipe:
2 cups rice flour
1/2 cup besan
Salt to taste
1 tbsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp ajwain seeds
1 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp butter
- Take rice flour to this add besan .
- Sieeve this together . This step is optional. You can skip it if you want.
- To this add sufficient salt , chilly powder , ajwain /vaamu and sesame seeds . Mix all nicely .
- Add melted butter.
- Add sufficient water make like a dough . Knead it for 2 mins .
- Take chakli maker, put dough inside .
- Take a plate and make chaklis in the plate for better shape.
- Fry them in oil.
- Enjoy it as a perfect tea time snack.
1 boiled Potato
1/2 cup finely chopped cauliflower
1/2 tsp Jeera Powder
1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 tbsp Rice Flour
2 tbsp Besan or Gram Flour
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 green chilli finely chopped
2 tbsp chopped onion
1/2 onion chopped
5 Green Chillies slit lengthwise
Chopped Coriander for Garnish.
Little of ginger and garlic finely chopped
- Mash the potato, add cauliflower, chillies, onion, besan, rice flour, salt, chilli powder and jeera to it.
- Mix well and make it like pakora batter.
- Prepare pakora and fry them in medium heat so that they are cooked inside.
- Add few tbsp of oil and add onion, chillies, ginger and garlic.
- After they become little brown add the pakoras and mix well.
- Enjoy it hot.
- Perfect as a snack or a side dish.
I tried this two times and it came out perfectly. Go ahead and try it and let me know what you think.
I know I have been neglecting this blog quite a bit. Life took it’s toll on me and I didn’t have patience to manage it all. I promise this new year will definitely be different. I promise to bring you more and more different recipes.
Life is pretty much busy with a toddler. She wants to touch everything do what ever mommy does. Life is also fun with her. I want to enjoy with her as much as possible. She has her own opinion of things. Today I made idlis, but she wouldn’t touch it just because they are white. I hope this stage doesn’t last long. She wants to know why I am doing certain things. Life is busy and fun. From now on atleast I will try to post one recipe a week.
1/2 cup besan
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup ghee
1/4 cup water
Pinch of cardamom powder
- Keep all the ingredients ready and be prepared to spend some time at the stove.
- Heat the ghee and oil and keep it on low flame until you add it to the besan.
- Add 1 spoon of hot oil and ghee mixture to the besan . Mix it and sift it so that there are no lumps.
- Prepare the sugar syrup until you get one thread consistency and add cardamon powder.
- Add besan to the syrup while mixing continuosly.
- Add ghee oil mixture in batches.
- Once it doesn’t stick to the surface, it’s time to take it out. Be careful not to let it burn.
- Pour it on a greased pan and cut into the pieces.
I used to love these biscuits when I was younger. When I saw the recipe at pravs blog, I couldn’t resist but try it. It was just perfect. Thanks for such a wonderful recipe. Only alteration I made is I added some salt. It was just melting in the mouth.
Rava or sooji 1/2 cup
Sugar 3/4 cup
Water 1 cup
Cardamon powder a big pinch
Ghee 1/4 cup
- Heat the ghee.
- Fry the cashews and raisins and keep it aside.
- Keep it on low heat and fry the sooji .
- Donot let it burn.
- Add the sugar when the sooji is roasted.
- Mix it nicely and add water.
- Cook it until your desired consistency and add cashews raisins and cardamon powder.
- Perfectly delicious.
My toddler is 20mths old today. I can’t believe how fast she is growing. She is trying to say whatever we say. It’s so much fun to watch her grow. Coming to today’s recipe I wanted something cold and healthy too. It was so good. My husband and daughter loved them.
It makes app 15 moulds.
Blanched Almonds – 1/4 cup
Pistachios – 10
Cardamom Powder – 1 teaspoon
Saffron – 1 large pinch
Sugar – 1/2 cup or according to taste
Milk – 4 and 1/2 cups
Soak pistachios for 2 to 3 hours. Peal the skin.
Now grind the almonds with some milk. Make it into a smooth paste.
Add the ground mixture into the rest of the milk.
Add the saffron and cardamom.
Bring this mixture up to boil.
Keep on string to avoid the skin forming on top of milk.
Milk should come to a full boil.
Finally add sugar and pistachios, let it cool and pour into the moulds.
Freeze them for few hours and enjoy.