Life is pretty much busy with a toddler. She wants to touch everything do what ever mommy does. Life is also fun with her. I want to enjoy with her as much as possible. She has her own opinion of things. Today I made idlis, but she wouldn’t touch it just because they are white. I hope this stage doesn’t last long. She wants to know why I am doing certain things. Life is busy and fun. From now on atleast I will try to post one recipe a week.
1/2 cup besan
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup ghee
1/4 cup water
Pinch of cardamom powder
- Keep all the ingredients ready and be prepared to spend some time at the stove.
- Heat the ghee and oil and keep it on low flame until you add it to the besan.
- Add 1 spoon of hot oil and ghee mixture to the besan . Mix it and sift it so that there are no lumps.
- Prepare the sugar syrup until you get one thread consistency and add cardamon powder.
- Add besan to the syrup while mixing continuosly.
- Add ghee oil mixture in batches.
- Once it doesn’t stick to the surface, it’s time to take it out. Be careful not to let it burn.
- Pour it on a greased pan and cut into the pieces.