Most of you might have guessed how much I love chocolate. Here is one more recipe using chocolate. This bread is moist and absolutely delicious. Let’s not waste time and let’s get to the recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk (If you don’t have buttermilk, just mix 1 cup milk with 1/2 tsp of lemon juice)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
Let’s see how to make this:
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Make the cinnamon-swirl first by combining the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, toss the flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips together until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until combined.
- Make sure there are no brown sugar lumps remaining.
- Whisk in the buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently whisk until there are no more lumps. Try not to overmix.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Top evenly with 3/4 of your cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Pour the remaining batter on top and finish with the rest of the cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake the bread, covered loosely with aluminum foil, for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Poke the center of the bread with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, the bread is done.
- Allow bread to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting.
- Enjoy with your family.
As usual, don’t forget to leave me feedback once you try it. Always remember everything is good in moderation.
Don’t forget to check out other Breads from the archives.
Lots of love to you and your family. I will be back again with a new post next time.