In Hyderabad, small chegodis are really famous. They are so crunchy and yummy. I tried so many recipes to recreate that taste but nothing worked. Finally I found a recipe that is really close in taste and easy to make also. Let’s learn today how to make this yummy snack.
- Maida or All-purpose Flour 1 cup
- Rice Flour 1/2 cup
- Ajwain 1 Tsp
- Chilli Powder and Salt to taste
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Oil to deep fry
How to Make It:
- First Boil 1 1/4 cup of water.
- When water comes to a boil, add butter, salt, chilli powder and ajwain to it and mix.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Add maida, rice flour and mix nicely.
- Let it cook a bit and knead it and make it into chapati dough.
- Use star nozzle in the murukku maker and fill it with dough.
- Press it into straight lines on a plate.
- Make small chegodis from that line.
- You can also make it with your hands.
- Heat up the oil for deep frying.
- Fry them on medium heat.
- Donot turn them until they come up.
- Fry until little brown color on them.
- Enjoy with your family.
As usual, don’t forget to leave me a feedback once you try it. Always remember everything is good in moderation.
Don’t forget to check out other Teatime Snacks from the archives.
Lots of love to you and your family. I will be back again with a new post next time.