Who doesn’t love icecream? I stopped buying icecream when I started making my own icecream. You will never go back to store bought icecream. I need to come with different falvors though. This is the base we are going to create for our icecream. Simple add few drops of vanilla to it and freeze it. It will be delicious as vanilla icecream. Whole process will be done in less than 30 minutes. So go ahead and try it…
- 2 cups (16oz/450 ml ) cold whipping cream ( heavy cream)
- 14 ounces (1 can/ 400ml) cold condensed milk (regular)
- Whip the cold cream on medium/ high in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer) until soft peaks form.It takes 5 minutes.
- Turn off the machine and pour the condensed milk into the whipped cream.
- Turn the speed back up high again and whisk until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks.
- Now you have your ice cream base you can add in your desired flavors once it is nice and thick or just freeze in any tight box and you have simple icecream ready.
I will tell you how to prepare different flavors in future posts. Do try this for homemade icecream and let me know what you think about it.