Here is most popular snack in India.
|1 cup||Gram flour|
|½ cup||Rice flour|
|¼ tsp||Baking soda|
|4 tbsp||hot oil|
|2 nos||Onion (cut lengthwise) (medium)|
|2 no||Green chili (finely chopped) (medium)|
|5 clove||Garlic (crushed)|
|1 tbsp||Ginger crushed|
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|¼ tsp||Turmeric powder|
|¼ tsp||Red chili powder|
|3 cup||Oil (for deep frying)|
|10 nos||Curry leaves|
- Add onions, chopped chilies, curry leaves, crushed ginger and garlic to a bowl.
- Cream oil with baking soda until its well blended.
- Combine gram flour, rice flour, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt. Add this to the creamed fat and mix to form a crumbly textured flour.
- Slowly add water as you knead and form a stiff dough. It should look like a thick mass, but not too sticky.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a kadai(medium high flame). When its ready, try a sample first. Fry till golden on all sides.