Exercise can have a huge impact in your life… It can change your whole life. Eat in moderation and exercise 30 minutes a day is all you need for a balanced life. Here are the exercises I am going to do for next 2 weeks. Hope it inspires you to create your own or follow this…
1. 1 minute plank do it five times:
The plank is a great exercise for building abdominal and core strength. The plank may look simple, but there’s a lot going on with this exercise under the surface. When done correctly the standard plank can be extremely challenging. I could hardly hold it for 30 seconds.
How to Do a Plank:
- Get face down on the floor resting on your forearms and knees.
- Push off the floor, raising up off your knees onto your toes and resting on your forearms.
- Keep your back flat — don’t round your back or let your stomach sink down.
- Try to hold it for 1 minute.
2. 30 Triceps Dips:
How to do a tricep dip:
- Hoist yourself up onto a bench, chair or step as long as it is stable and secure to take your body weight.
- Your hands should be shoulder width apart, with your fingers facing forward and elbows pointing backwards with a slight bend in the elbows.
- Ensure that your back is straight and close to the edge of the chair or bench.
- Your legs should be extended out in front of you, with a slight bend in the knee.
- Engage your core muscles and slowly lower your body down until your shoulder joints are below your elbows.
- Push back up until your elbows are nearly straight but do not lock them out.
- Repeat 30 times.
3. 20 deadlift and upright row:
With your knees soft and your feet together, bend forward at your hips keeping a neutral lower back & lower your weights toward the floor along the front of your legs until you feel a stretch in the back of your legs. Stand back up tall as you press your hips forward to stand straight. Pull the weights up in front of you by pulling your elbows up and out to shoulder height. Bend back down and repeat.. I didn’t use any weight. I just folded my fist up and pretended there was weight in it.
4. 15 Squat and Jump:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Start by doing a regular squat, then engage your core and jump up explosively.
- When you land, lower your body back into the squat position to complete one rep. Land as quietly as possible, which requires control.
- Repeat 15 times.
5. 20 leg and arm kicks:
Picture explains clearly how to do it.
6. 35 cobra poses:
Lay on your stomach, place your palms flat on the floor on either side, raise the upper part of your body, while keeping your legs and feet firmly on the ground. This pose strengthens the spine, combats arthritis and sciatica, and massages the abdominal organs, benefiting the liver and spleen.
All pictures are courtesy of Google images.
These exercises took me 20 minutes to complete one set. Remaining 10 minutes I did a brisk walk. These exercises made my body pain like hell but it was worth it because my body is changing…
What are you doing this week? Please share your routine so that I can tweak it into mine…