I am always on the lookout for new cookie recipes as my kids love cookies. When I saw almond cookies on Joan’s blog, it immediately caught my attention. My daughter doesn’t like to eat nuts. She not only ate these cookies also she loved them. They are very crispy. I will make them again. These will be perfect for christmas.I am writing the recipe here, if you want to go to the source you are more than welcome to….
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- Cream together butter and sugars, until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat again.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to dough, one third at a time until all added. Stir in almonds.
- Using a small cookie scoop, place dough on a parchment lined baking sheet three inches apart (these cookies spread.) Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 8-9 minutes. Until edges turn golden. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.
This is my last post for this year. I will be taking a break and will be back on Jan 4th with lots of new things. Thanks for visiting my blog and for being in my life. You have become a part of my life.