I love visiting other people’s blogs and trying new recipes from their blog. My hubby likes to try new non veg dishes. So last Friday I decided to try this Methi chicken recipe from Nisa’s Blog. Kids didn’t like it much, but they ate it. Hubby and I really liked it. I would definitely make it again.Try it and see if you like it. I made few changes so that my family will like it.
- Chicken: 500 gms
- Chopped Methi leaves: 3/4 cup
- Onions: 2
- Cashewnuts: 2 tbsp (slighly chopped)
- Tomatoes: 2
- Ginger garlic paste:2 tsp
- Salt: 2 tsp or as needed
- Oil: 4-5 tbsp
- Onion: 1 sliced
- Green chilies: 2, slit
- Kashmiri Chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder: A fat pinch
- Dhaniya powder: 1tsp
- Beaten Curd: 1 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken with ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, dhaniya powder, chilli powder, salt and curd.
- Sprinkle some salt over the methi leaves and keep aside for 5 minutes. Squeeze out. In a kadai or pan add in onions and cashewnuts with 1/4 cup water, once it is cooked and cooled down grind to a fine paste with tomatoes, ginger, garlic.
- Heat the same kadai with 2 tbsp oil and add in 1 sliced onion, 2 slit green chilies and saute till light brown, add in the squeezed and chopped methi leaves. and mix and saute for 1 minute and then remove it to a plate, keep aside.
- In the same kadai heat another 2 tbsp of oil and add in the pureed onion mix. Let it saute for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Add chicken to the mix. Let the chicken cook by keeping the lid on. Chicken will release water. So don’t add water until chicken cooks fully.
- Add in the methi leaves-onion-green chilli (which we sauted earlier). Mix well and allow it to simmer for 1 minute.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy with rice or chapathi.