I love visiting other people’s blogs and trying new recipes from their blog. This Recipe I got it from Ammamma Vantalu. It just turned out perfect. I tried making ponganalu and dosa with same batter and they came out very tasty. My family really enjoyed it. They din’t even realize it was very healthy for them..
Here is the recipe:
Rice – 2 Cups
Channa dal – 1/4Cup
Urad dal – 1/4Cup
Moong Dal – 1/4Cup (100ml Cup)
Onions – As per your taste
Green Chilies: 3
Chopped Coriander– 2tbsps
Cumin Seeds– 1/2tsp
Oil for Frying
Ponganala pan for preparing it…
- Soak all the dals together for 6hrs or overnight.
- Next day grind it with required amount of water and salt.
- It should not be too watery.
- It should be like idli batter.
- You can use it as it is or you can ferment it and use it next day.
- Add onions, chillies, jeera and coriander to your batter.
- Pour one drop of oil into each mold of the ponganala pan.
- Fill the 3/4 th part of the mold with batter.
- Make sure it is cooked on one side before flipping it over.
- Enjoy with your favorite chutney….
- I tried dosa with leftover batter for another day and it came out perfectly.
Sending this to Srivalli’s Come, join us for breakfast event…