1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 th teaspoonsalt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter(if using salted butter omit the salt)
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or 1 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup m&m’s
Whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with a hand held mixer until light and fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Beat in the egg and then the vanilla.
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, to make a soft dough.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Preheat the oven to 400 F.
Spoon a heaping tablespoon of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 3-inches apart.
Bake the cookies until brown around the edges, about 12 to 14 minutes.
Repeat with the remaining dough.
Enjoy with milk. Perfectly crunchy and delicious.
3 cups blanched almonds
3 cups sugar
3 cardamon powdered
Pinch of saffron (optional)
3/4th cup milk
- Grind milk and almonds to a coarse paste.
- Heat 3 tbsp of ghee and add the almond mixture.
- Keep the heat on medium till the end of cooking.
- Add sugar to the mixture.
- Keep stirring, do not let it burn.
- When it comes to a boil add cardamon powder, remaining ghee and saffron.
- Keep mixing until milk is evaporated and almond mixture does not stick to the pan.
- Remove from the stove and pour it onto a greased plate.
- When it is warm to touch, cut it into your desired shape.
- It just melts in your mouth.
This goes to JZ Let’s go nuts: Almonds event started by Aquadaze.
5 vine ripe tomatoes
5 tbsp chilli powder
1 small piece of tamarind
1/4 tsp turmeric
3 cloves of garlic crushed
3/4 cup oil
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp fenugreek powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 red chillies broken
10 curry leaves broken
Pinch of Asofetida
Wash and cut the tomatoes into big pieces.
Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a pan.
Add tomatoes and cook in high heat.
In first 5 minutes tomatoes become soft and juicy, cook another 5 minutes to make thick tomato pulp.
Now add chilli powder, tamarind, turmeric powder, cumin and fenugreek powder and salt.
Adjust the quantities to your taste.
Cook for another 10 minutes in medium flame.
Switch of the stove and let it cool.
Grind this cooked tomato gravy.
Then heat 1/2 cup of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, redchillies and curry leaves.
After they splutter, add ground paste and cook for 8-10 minutes until oil leaves the sides.
Now yummy pickle is ready to eat.
This goes to lakshmi’s SWC Meals on wheels.