1 cup gram flour + 3tbsp
1/2 cup rice flour + 1 and 1/2tbsp
Pinch of baking soda
Salt to taste
1 tbsp ghee
1 big white onion cut lengthwise
1 small green chilli chopped
1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp chilli powder
Oil for deep frying
1. Put onions, chillies and ginger garlic paste in a bowl.
2. Combine gram flour, rice flour,soda, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt. Add this to the onion bowl.
3. Add ghee and mix to form a crumbly textured flour.
4. Slowly add water as you knead and form a stiff dough. It should look like a thick mass, but not too sticky.
5. Wait for 10 minutes and fry until golden brown in the oil.
6. Enjoy with hot cup of tea.
This goes to JFI Chickpeas