1. Ghee is as easy to make as it sounds.
2. This is how I usually make ghee here: I would buy one pound (four sticks) of unsalted butter.
3. Take a heavy bottomed vessel.
4. Place the butter sticks in it, and on medium heat melt them.
5. When the butter starts to melt, there will be lot of bubbling.
6. Reduce the flame to low; in a few minutes this action will subside.
7. Next the butter will begin to develop foam at the top.
8. Simmer on low heat, uncovered and undisturbed, for 20-30 minutes, until milk-solids on the bottom of the vessel turn from white to beige-brown, and butter on top becomes transparent like clear water.
9. This is the signal to turn off the heat.
10. Strain, discarding the milk solids at the bottom of the vessel, using a coffee filter.
It is very important for small kids to have ghee. It improves memory power.
Have a look at my ghee:
This is my entry to Sunshinemom’s FIC yellow