1 cup toor dal
9 oz spinach chopped
1 small onion chopped
2 medium tomatoes chopped
7 green chillies slit length wise
2 cloves of garlic crushed
2 red chillies broken
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
6 tsp oil
Salt to taste
- Pressure cook the dal with spinach and tomato upto one whistle and keep it aside until the pressure is gone.
- Heat the oil.
- Add jeera, mustard seeds and red chillies.
- After they splutter, add onions and green chillies.
- Fry until onion becomes translucent and add garlic.
- Fry for few seconds and add turmeric.
- Add the tampering and salt to the dal.
- Bring it to a boil.
- If the dal is too thick, add 1/3 cup water.
- Enjoy with hot rice in this cold weather.