6 lady’s finger
Little more than 1/2 onion sliced
3 green chillies slit lengthwise
2 cloves of garlic crushed
Few sprigs of coriander leaves chopped
1/4 tsp +pinch of turmeric
1 and 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp sesame seeds powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp coconut powder
1 tsp oil
Few drops of lemon juice
1 big pinch of cumin and mustard seeds
1 red chilli broken
- Wash and dry the bhindi on a paper towel.
- Mix 1/4 tsp of turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder, salt, sesame seeds powder, coconut powder, 1 tsp oil and lemon juice in a small bowl and keep it aside.
- Cut the ends of the okra and make the slit in the middle keeping the ends intact.
- Fill the slits of the okra with the masala and keep it on microwaveable safe plate and microwave for 2mts.
- Heat 5 tsp of oil.
- Add jeera , mustard seeds and red chilli.
- After they splutter add onions and chillies.
- Fry until onion becomes translucent and add garlic.
- Fry for few seconds and add pinch of turmeric.
- Add okra and fry for 5 mts on little less than medium heat.
- Add remaining stuffing masala, check for salt and cook on the low flame for 15-20 mts.
- Don’t mix too often.
- Perfect with chapathi.