2 cups uncooked rice
1/2 onion chopped
4 small green chillies slit length wise
2 carrot chopped into strips
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup frozen corn
Few sprigs of coriander leaves chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
Pinch of turmeric
Salt to taste
2 tsp biryani masala
1/2 inch cinnamon
1 tsp jeera
5 tbsp oil
- Cook the rice and spread it in a plate to seperate and cool.
- Heat the oil.
- Add jeera, cardamon, clove and cinnamon.
- After they brown up a little, add onions and chillies.
- Fry until onion becomes little translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and turmeric.
- Fry for few seconds and add peas and corn.
- Fry for a minute or two and add carrots and salt (just enough for the veggies).
- Keep the lid on and cook until carrots are tender.
- Remove the lid and add biryani masala and fry for 2 mts.
- Add cooked rice and salt.
- Mix everything once, garnish with cilantro and enjoy.