I am back into the blogging world and routine after the holidays. We went to atlanta for a mini vacation and enjoyed a lot there. Hubby is back to office and his routine. I made urad dal vada for new year’s.Thank you every one for the wonderful comments and wishes. Here is the recipe:
1 and 1/2 cup urad dal
Salt to taste
1 tsp jeera
4-5 tbsp finely chopped onion
4 small green chillies finely chopped
1 small piece of ginger finely chopped
1 polythene cover
Oil for frying
1/3rd cup water
1 small bowl of water
- Wash and soak urad dal whole day.
- In the evening grind it (u can add up to 1/3rd cup of water) and keep it aside till next day morning. Do not keep it in the oven. Keep it on the table or kitchen counter top.
- Next day morning it is ready to be used.
- Add salt, onions, chillies, jeera and small piece of ginger to the batter.
- Mi everything and keep it aside.
- Take a polythene cover or ziplog bag , slit it open and keep it on a upside down plate.
- Heat the oil.
- Dip your hand in the water and wipe the area of the cover where you will put the batter.
- Take a small amount of batter, put on the cover, make a round and put a small hole in it.
- Slowly take it from the cover and put it in the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Enjoy with your choice of chutney.