3 and 1/2 cups rice
6 and 1/2 cups water
10 tsp oil
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp jeera
1 inch cinnamon
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp coriander powder
Salt to taste
3 carrots grated
1 1/4 cup peas (I used frozen peas)
1/2 onion chopped
8 small green chillies slit lengthwise
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Soak the rice for 30-45 mts.
- Heat the oil and butter.
- Add jeera, cardamon, cloves and cinnamon.
- After they brown up a little add onions and chillies.
- Fry until onion becomes translucent and add ginger garlic paste.
- Add turmeric, mix everything together and add peas.
- Fry for 3-4 mts.
- Add carrot and fry until raw smell goes.
- Add water, salt and coriander powder.
- Bring it a boil.
- When it is about to boil add rice.
- When the water is almost reduced, Keep the lid on and cook on the low flame until it is done.