With christmas around, fruit cake is must in our house.This is so moist and delicious that everyone will love it.
250 gms all purpose flour
250 gms sugar
250 gms butter (2 sticks or 17 and 1/2 tbsp)
1 tsp vanilla essence
Pinch of cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup fruit mix
1/2 cup cherries (i used canned cherries)
1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- Add the baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla essence and beat until well blended.
- Then slowly beat in the flour until well blended.
- Combine all the fruits and mix with 1 tbsp all purpose flour.
- Use a spatula to bring in the sides and add fruits and blend well.
- Grease a loaf pan or cake pan with butter and pour/spoon the batter in the pan.
- Makes approximately 2 loafs.
- Bake for about 60 minutes at 375F or until well browned on top.
- Stick a fork in the cake and make sure it comes out clean to check if it is done.
- Enjoy……… HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE
This goes to JZ’s santa holiday challenge.
This also goes to Purva’s christmas feast event.
Happy holidays to all of my readers.