I entered this blogging world on July 9th 2008. There are some wonderful blogs out there and lot of wonderful bloggers who inspire cooks like me. I am just a beginner and I hope some day I can inspire someone to blog their ideas.
Looking back to where I started and what I think are my best creations:
1. Cauliflower peas fry: This is my first post.
2. French beans fry: This is my family’s favourite dish
3. Almond Biscotti: Try it, you will not be disappointed.
4. Yummy chicken fry: Perfect recipe for beginners.
5. Chocolate covered cherries: Simple and less time consuming.
6. Sagari’s Tomato pappu: First recipe tried from other’s blog.
7. Boondhi Ladoo: Tried it for the first time.
8. Chicken Biryani: My husband’s favourite.
9. Carrot channa dal fry: Simple and yummy.
10. Fruit cake: Again my husband’s favourite. Absolutely moist and delicious.
This year has been full of memories and I met some nice friends through this blogging. I am thanking each one of you for encouraging me by leaving your valuable comments and for being part of my world.
This goes to Srivalli’s Best of the year event:
This is my last post for this year. See you all next year.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE…………….
I will come with some new dishes next year.
4 small red potatoes
2 green capsicum
1/2 onion chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
3 green chillies slit length wise
Few coriander leaves chopped
1/2 tbsp jeera
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
Pinch of jeera powder
Salt to taste
8 tbsp of oil
- Cut potatoes and capsicum into cubes.
- Heat the oil.
- Add jeera.
- After they brown up a little add onions and green chillies.
- Fry for 2 mts and add ginger garlic paste.
- Fry for few seconds and add turmeric and potatoes.
- Fry for 2 mts and add capsicum.
- Add salt and keep the lid.
- It takes approximately 20-25 mts for the potatoes and capsicum on little less than medium heat.
- After they are completely cooked, add chilli powder, coriander powder and jeera powder.
- Simmer it for about 10 mts.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy.
- Perfect with chapatis.
Even though we don’t celebrate Christmas, I love all paraphernalia associated with Christmas. I love how people buy various gifts for each member in their family and the love associated with it. I love the look on kid’ s faces when they get the thing they most wanted on Christmas. I love Christmas decorations and my favourite part is seeing lights and photo with Santa. From last year I decided every year I am going to take photo of my baby with Santa. Last year she was only two months old and she was sleeping when we took her to take photo. This year she was fully awake, saw the lights and decorations. She is now 13 months old. We can clearly see different reactions in her face. When we first handed her to Santa, she took couple of minutes to realize neither her mommy or daddy is holding her. Her face expressions changed a bit. She turned to his side to see whether she knows him and to decide whether to cry or not. It was so funny to watch her. This is the picture of that expression.
I am sending this to december edition of no croutons required challenge.