I made boondhi ladoo for the first time in life. Shape was not perfect but taste wise it was really yummy. My husband enjoyed it very much.
1.5 cups besan
1 tbsp rice flour
Salt to taste
1 and 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
3 cardamon powdered
4 cashews chopped
1 tbsp ghee
Oil for frying
- Prepare the batter by mixing besan, rice flour, salt and water.
- Batter should be of bonda batter consistency.
- Heat the oil for frying boondhis.
- Prepare the boondhis.
- After boondhis are done, prepare the sugar syrup.
- Somewhere between 4-6 mts single thread consistency happens. So watch out closely.
- When the sugar syrup reaches one thread consistency (test by adding a drop of the syrup in cold clear water), turn off the stove and add the cashew, raisins, cardamon powder and boondhi.
- Close the lid after adding last batch of boondhis for 2 mts.
- When it is slightly warm shape into ladoos.
This goes to aparna’s sweet celebrations: