1 cup moong dal
1 big bunch of spinach chopped or 9 ounces chopped
6 tbsp onion
4 cloves of garlic chopped
5 small chillies slit length wise
1/2 tbsp jeera
1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
1 red chilli broken
1 tbsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
Salt to taste
7 tbsp of oil
- Soak the moong dal overnight.
- Heat the oil.
- Add jeera, mustard seeds and red chillies.
- Add onions and green chillies.
- Fry until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add turmeric.
- Drain water from the moong dal and add it.
- Add spinach, 1/3rd cup water and salt.
- It takes 15mts to cook the dal.
- After 15mts add chilli powder.
- Keep on the low heat for 10 mts.
- Enjoy with chapathi or rice with rasam or pacchi pulusu.
Here is the link to rasam recipe:
Here is the link to pacchi pulusu recipe: