Whole moong dal 3/4 cup
Raw rice 1/4 cup (optional)
3 tbsp of finely chopped onion
3 green chillies finely chopped
Ginger 1″ piece
1 tsp jeera
Salt to taste
- Wash both rice and whole moong and soak in water overnight.
- Drain the soaked water in the morning grind whole moong, rice and ginger to a smooth consistency adding sufficient water to suit the usual dosa batter. Add salt while grinding so that it will mix well.
- I did not grind the onion and chillies because i know my kid will eat, so i added it separately along with some cilantro.
- Heat the pan and add oil. Spread the batter and cook it thoroughly on one side and flip it otherwise it will break while flipping.
- We enjoyed ours with peanut chutney or you can have it as it is without any chutney because flavours are strong.
- Do not flip it soon otherwise it will break.
- I added rice for crispiness. If you want to omit rice then it’s fine to omit.
This goes to sangeeth’s eat healthy diabetic contest: