1/2 cup black channa soaked overnight and boiled in salt water till it becomes tender.
1 onion small onion chopped
3 small green chillies slit lengthwise
2 large tomatoes chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp jeera
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp chilli powder
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp coriander powder
8 tsp oil
- Heat the oil.
- Add jeera, cardamon and clove.
- After they brown up a little, add onions and chillies.
- Fry until onion becomes translucent, add ginger garlic paste and turmeric.
- Fry for few seconds and add tomatoes.
- Cook tomatoes until they disintegrate completely.
- Add channa and all the powders.
- Fry for a minute or two and add 1/4 cup water.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer it for 10 mts.
- Perfect with rice or chapathi.