5 carrot cut into small cubes
1/4 cup channa dal soaked overnight
1/2 onion chopped
1 long green chilli chopped
1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
Coriander leaves for garnish
1/4 tsp jeera
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1 red chilli broken
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp coconut powder
Salt to taste
5 tsp oil
- Heat the oil.
- Add jeera, mustard seeds and red chillies.
- After they brown up a little, add onion and chillies.
- Fry until they become translucent and add ginger garlic paste.
- Fry for few seconds and add turmeric.
- Add channa dal and fry for 1-2 mts and add carrot.
- Add salt and keep the lid on.
- Cook for about 10 mts and add chilli powder and coconut powder.
- Simmer it for about 10-15mts.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy.