Cabbage channa dal fry with chapathi:
1 medium cabbage
1/2 cup channa dal soaked overnight
1/2 onion chopped
4 green chillies slit lengthwise
10 sprigs of coriander leaves chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
4 curry leaves
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric
Pinch of fenugreek powder
1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
10 tsp oil
- Heat the oil.
- Add jeera and mustard seeds.
- After the splutter, add onions, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry until onion becomes little bit translucent (about 1-2 mts).
- Add turmeric and channa dal.
- Fry channa dal until it becomes little bit brown (3-4 mts).
- Add cabbage, fry for a minute and add salt.
- Keep the lid on and cook on little less than medium heat.
- It takes approximately 20-25 mts for the cabbage to cook.
- Add chilli powder and pinch of methi powder and keep on the stove for 10 mts.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy.
- I enjoyed mine with hot chapathis.