Chicken 2 lbs
2 medium tomatoes chopped
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp curd
4 green chillies slit lengthwise
8-10 sprigs of coriander leaves chopped
1 small piece of cinnamon
1/4 tsp poppy seeds
1/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
Pinch of fenugreek powder
Salt to taste
6 tsp oil
- Grind onion, cardamon, clove, cinnamon and poppy seeds into a paste.
- Marinate chicken with 1tsp ginger garlic paste, curd, 1/4 tsp turmeric, chilli powder, salt, coriander powder and fenugreek powder for 15-20 mts.
- Cook the chicken until it is almost done. It will take app 15-20 mts. Do not add any water.
- Heat the oil.
- Add the onion paste and 1 tsp ginger garlic paste. Fry until the raw smell goes.
- Add 1/4 tsp turmeric and tomatoes.
- Cook tomatoes until it disintegrates completely.
- Add the chicken.
- Mix everything, taste and see if it needs anything.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat to low and simmer it for about 15-20 mts.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy.
- We had it with poori and it was tangy and delicious.