Ground chicken 2 lbs
1 onion chopped
4 green chillies
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
10 sprigs of coriander leaves chopped
2 hand full of peas (soaked overnight and boiled with some salt) or fresh peas 1 cup
1/4 inch cinnamon
1/2 + 1/4 tsp turmeric
3 tbsp chilli powder (adjust according to ur taste)
Salt according to your taste
1/2 tbsp coriander powder
Coconut 1 and 1/2 tsp
2 tsp +12-14 tbsp of oil.
- Do not wash the chicken. Washing it makes the curry soggy.
- Marination: To chicken add 2 tsp of oil, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, 1/2 tsp turmeric, chilli powder. coriander powder and salt to taste.
- Marinate for 30-45 mts.
- Heat the oil.
- Add cardamon, cloves and cinnamon.
- After they fry for a little bit, add onions and chillies.
- Fry till onions are translucent and add 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Fry for few seconds and add 1/4 tsp turmeric.
- Add peas and fry for a minute.
- Add chicken and mix nicely so that there will be no big lumps.
- Keep the lid on and let the chicken cook completely.
- Check every 2 mts and make sure it doesn’t burn.
- It will take app 20-30 mts for chicken to cook.
- After chicken is cooked completely add coconut powder and keep on low heat 15-20 mts,
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy.
This goes to srilekha’s theme of the month event: