Buttermilk ( enough to soak them)
- It is simple but lengthy process.
- It took me two weeks here in US because of weather fluctuation.
- It’s worth the wait, believe me.
- Any green chilli is fine, because it won’t be spicy after it is dried up.
- Wash and dry the chillies.
- Make slits vertically, but make sure it doesn’t open up completely.
- You don’t have to remove the seeds, but if u wish to u can remove it now.
- Now soak the green chillies in enough quantity of buttermilk with salt added to it.
- Immerse for 3 days and nights. Mix twice a day.
- Take out the green chillies from the butter milk on fourth day morning and sun dry it all day by spreading them on newspaper.
- I changed the buttermilk on 4th day evening and put the chillies in them in the evening.
- Remember to remove them in the evening and put them in the buttermilk until next morning and sun dry them for 3 days.
- Do this for 3 days.
- After 3rd day sun dry the chillies for 2 days.
- They are ready to be fried.
- Perfect with sambhar and rice.
- Weather was not good for some days here so i just dried them in the house and whenever sun was there i dried it outside.
This goes to sangeeth’s Eat healthy- Calcium rich contest: