1 packet of spinach (9 ounces)
3 tbsp of onion
8 green chillies
2 curry leaves
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1/2 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp urad dal
1 red chilli broken
1/4 tsp turmeric
Salt to taste
2 tbsp of oil
- Chop the spinach and other ingredients.
- Heat the oil.
- Add jeera, mustard seeds and red chilli.
- After they splutter, add urad dal.
- Let it brown a little, and then add onions, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry until onion becomes translucent and then add garlic.
- Fry for few seconds and then add turmeric.
- Mix everything once and add spinach.
- Add salt and let it cook with lid on.
- It will considerably reduce in size after it is cooked.
- Enjoy with hot rice and ghee.
This goes to sangeeth’s calcium rich contest: