3 and 1/2 cups rice
1/2 tsp cumin
2 bay leaves
1/4 inch cinnamon
salt to taste
1/4 tsp coriander powder
2 carrots cut into cubes
1/2 cup french beans (frozen)
1 hand ful of peas soaked overnight and boiled
2 potatoes cut into cubes
1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 onion cut into small pieces
10 green chillies slit length wise
1/2 tbsp butter
4 tbsp oil
- Wash the rice and keep it aside for 15 mts.
- Heat the oil and butter.
- Add cumin seeds, bay leaves, cardamon, cloves and cinnamon.
- After they fry for few seconds, add onions and green chillies.
- After onion becomes translucent, add ginger garlic paste.
- Add all the vegetables and enough salt to cook the vegetables (do not add more salt as veggies will become salty).
- Close the lid and cook the vegetables for 5-7 mts mixing in between.
- After veggies are cooked add rice and fry for a minute.
- Add enough water for the rice to cook.
- Add salt and coriander powder.
- It will take app 15-20 mts for the rice to cook.
- Enjoy with cool raitha or chicken fry ( posted already).