My husband and daughter are fans of chicken. So I do some variety of chicken at least two times a week. Yesterday i prepared this and my husband loved it.
Chicken 2.5 lbs ( one packet of thigh and breast combo u get in grocery stores)
little more than 1/2 onion
3 green chillies slit length wise
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
8 sprigs of coriander leaves chopped
2 tbsp yogurt
1/4 + 1/4 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp chilli powder
1/2 tbsp coriander powder
2 tsp coconut powder
1/4 tsp poppy seeds
Salt to taste
1/4 inch cinnamon
6 tbsp of oil
- Cut the chicken into cubes.
- To marinate add curd, 1/4 tsp turmeric, chilli powder, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, coriander powder and salt to the chicken.
- Marinate for about 30 mts.
- Grind onion, poppy seeds, cardamon, cloves and cinnamon into a paste.
- Heat the oil.
- Add green chillies.
- After they fry for little bit, add onion paste and ginger garlic paste.
- Fry until the raw smell goes.
- Add turmeric and chicken.
- Mix everything once and close the lid. Do not add water. Chicken releases water as it cooks.
- It will take app 15-20 mts for chicken to cook.
- Check if chicken is cooked and if you need to add something.
- If chicken is cooked increase the heat to high and evaporate the water.
- When water is almost evaporated, add coconut powder, mix everything once and off the stove.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy.
- I served this with vegetable fried rice and it was gobbled up in minutes.
This goes to srilekha’s theme of the month event: