1 cup moong dal
2 tbsp chopped onions
1 stalk of green onion chopped
7 green chillies
2 garlic cloves crushed
5 sprigs of coriander leaves
2 curry leaves
Juice of one lemon
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric
2 red chillies
Salt to taste
2 tbsp of oil
- Pressure cook the dal (one whistle) with right amount of water.
- Heat the oil.
- Add jeera, mustard seeds and red chillies
- After they splutter, add onions, green onions, chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry for 2 mts on medium heat and add garlic.
- Fry for few seconds and add turmeric.
- Add the tampering to the dal.
- Add little more than 1/2 cup of water. If water is already there in the dal, donot add any water.
- Add the salt and bring it to a boil.
- Add the lemon juice and keep on the stove for 5 mts.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy with hot rice and papad.