It’s a popular street food in our place. It’s a great tea time snack.
1 cup black channa (soaked overnight and boiled with some salt)
1/2 onion chopped (reserve small amount for garnish)
4 green chillies slit length wise
1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
4 sprigs of coriander leaves chopped
1 tsp jeera
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
Salt according to ur taste
- Heat 4 tbsp of oil.
- Add jeera and after they become little bit brown, add onion and green chillies.
- Fry for 2 mts. Don’t let them become translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste.
- Fry for few seconds and add turmeric.
- Mix everything and add the channa.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Add 3 tbsp of water and mix everything.
- Keep on the stove for 5 mts.
- Garnish with raw onion and enjoy.