2 cans of Garbanzo beans
3 green chillies slit length wise
2-3 medium tomatoes cut into big chunks
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
6-8 sprigs of coriander leaves
1 tsp cumin seeds
4 cardamon pods
1/2 inch cinnamon sticks
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp coriander powder
Salt according to your taste
- Grind onions, cardamon, cloves and cinnamon into a paste.
- Heat 5 tbsp of oil.
- Add jeera.
- After they brown up a little add green chillies.
- Fry for few seconds and add onion paste and ginger garlic paste.
- Fry until the raw smell goes.
- Add turmeric and tomatoes.
- Keep the lid and cook the tomatoes until they are little bit tender.
- Add the channa.
- Take a handful of channa, mash them with your hands and put in the curry.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder and salt (remember canned beans already has salt).
- Add 1/3 rd cup of water and boil it for for 10-15 mts.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy.
- I served it with rice.
- You can also serve it with poori, paratha or batura.