Today is kind of a lazy day. Weather is not so good, it’s about to rain. I thought I will welcome the rain with some Dal, hot rasam and pa pad.
Here goes the recipe for Dal:
1 cup toor Dal
1/2 cup green onions chopped (optional)
7-8 green chillies
3-4 sprigs of coriander leaves chopped
2 cloves of garlic crushed
2 curry leaves
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp jeera
1/4 tsp turmeric
2 red chillies
Salt according to your taste.
- Pressure cook the dal. Pour correct amount of water. I usually estimate so i can’t give the correct amount. Heat 4-5 tbsp of oil.
- Add jeera, mustard seeds and red chilli.
- After they splutter, add green chillies, green onions and curry leaves.
- Fry for a minute and add garlic, switch off the stove.
- Add turmeric and mix everything with the Dal. Add the salt.
- If your dal has water, don’t add any water. If it doesn’t have any water add 1/3 cup water and boil the the Dal for 7 mts on medium heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy……….