Today’s brunch is fried rice, aloo parathas and spicy curd.
We call this rice as ” Poppu Annam”. Simple to make and very satisfying. This is my mother in law’s recipe. So here it goes………
1 cup cooked rice
3 tbsp onion
1 clove of garlic crushed
1 large green chilli
3 sprigs of coriander leaves
2 curry leaves
1/4 tsp combination of jeera and mustard seeds
Pinch of turmeric
1 tbsp of peanuts
salt according to your taste
- Separate rice so that there are no lumps.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of oil.
- Add jeera and mustard seeds.
- After they sputter, add peanuts.
- Fry until they are little brown and add onions, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry until onions become translucent and add turmeric.
- Mix everything once and then add rice and salt.
- Mix everything nicely and keep on the stove for 2-3 mts.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and yummy rice is ready.