Today I am so happy because i crossed a small milestone of 50 hits. Thanks to everyone who visited this blog. I’d love to hear what you all think about my blog. Please leave your comment so i can do better. Thanks everyone again.
Coming to today’s recipe “Cabbage black channa fry” , there is story behind this. My husband hates cabbage. I tried different recipes but all in vain. One day I remembered my mom used to make cabbage this way so that we will eat it. So i thought i will give it a try with my husband. Now he loves to eat cabbage. Here goes my mom’s recipe:
1 medium cabbage cut into small pieces (not too small)
1 cup black channa soaked overnight and boiled with some salt
1/2 onion cut into small pieces
2-3 small green chillies slit lengthwise
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
4-5 sprigs of coriander leaves chopped
1/2 tsp jeera
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp chilli powder (adjust if u want more or less)
Salt according to your taste
8 tbsp of oil
- Heat the oil.
- Add jeera, onions and chilles.
- Fry until onion becomes translucent.
- Add turmeric and mix everything once.
- Add channa and fry for 2 mts.
- Add cabbage and fry for a minute.
- Add salt and cover the vessel.
- Cabbage takes app 20 mts on little less than medium heat.
- Mix every 2 mts and make sure it does not burn.
- After 20 mts add chilli powder and keep for another 5 mts.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- I usually serve it with hot chapatis.