Today’s recipe is egg fried recipe. There used to be a small dhaba near our college. We always use to eat this egg fried rice from there and it was everyone’s favourite. Today i tried to recreate that dish. It was pretty close. So here is the recipe………..
3 cups cooked rice without lumps
1/2 onion cut into small pieces
1 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
8-10 small green chillies slit lengthwise
1/4 cup peas (optional)
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp jeera
4 sprigs of coriander leaves chopped
7-8 tbsp of oil.
- Heat the oil.
- Add jeera, elachi, cloves and cardamom.
- After they brown up a little, add onions and chillies.
- Fry till onion becomes translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste.
- Fry for a minute and add turmeric.
- Mix everything once and add peas.
- Fry for a minute and add eggs.
- After adding each egg, mix so that there will not be big pieces.
- Add little bit of salt (sufficient for eggs).
- Fry eggs until they are well done.
- Add the rice, salt and coriander powder.
- Mix everything nicely and keep on the stove for 5 mts.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy with raita.