Today’s recipes are pappu and pacchi pulusu. Iam feeling lazy so I thought our lunch should be simple. What could be simple than pappu? So here goes the recipe:
1 cup Moong dal
1/4 cup onion (optional)
5-6 small green chillies or 2 large chillies slit length wise
3 red chillies
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric
Salt according to ur taste
3 cloves of garlic crushed
Coriander leaves chopped. (3-4 stems)
- Pressure cook the Dal. Give one whistle and off the stove.
- Do not open the pressure cooker immediately. Leave it for 15-20 mts and then open it so that pressure is gone.
- Heat 4-5 tbsp of oil
- Add jeera and mustard seeds.
- After they splutter add red chilli, onions, green chillies and few curry leaves.
- Fry them until onion becomes translucent.
- Add garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add turmeric.
- Mix above mixture in the dal.
- Add salt and little bit of water. (Be careful about the water content).
- Heat the dal for about 10 mts and add coriander leaves.
- Mix everything once and it is ready to be served.