Today’s recipe is French beans fry. There is a vegetable called ” chikkudukaya” which most Telugu people know about. Even though it is sometimes available in Indian stores it is very expensive. So i think i found an alternative to this. I use canned french beans and Indian Lima beans to prepare this.
2 cans of french style green beans
1 1/2 cups of Indian Lima beans
1/2 onion cut into small pieces
7-8 small green chillies or use 3 long green chillies
3 cloves of garlic
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tsp coconut powder
8-9 tbsp of oil
- Grind the green chillies and garlic.
- Heat the oil on the medium heat.
- Add little bit of jeera and mustard seeds.
- After they splutter, add onions.
- Fry onion until it becomes translucent.
- Add green chili and garlic paste.
- Fry for about 1-2 mts.
- Add turmeric.
- Drain the water from the canned french beans and add the french beans and lima beans.
- Fry for a minute or two and add salt (canned french beans contains salt, so add salt carefully).
- Keep the lid on. Fry them for 5 mts.
- Take the lid, mix it once and add the coconut powder.
- Simmer it for 15 mts.
- Perfect for chapatis or vegetable puffs.This is my husband’s favourite. I hope u all will enjoy as much as he does.
- Try it and leave ur comment.